Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1 already!!

This picture was taken 5 years ago, well five years next week.  We were in Utah for Dani & Greg's wedding.  We should have had little jack in the box boy sit next to Dani instead of popping up behind, other than that though it's a keeper. 

I am excited for this holiday season, December is always the grand finale of the year, bringing with it fun and excitement, a time to reflect, and a heightened appreciation for family, tradition and the Savior. 

I am happy because some, although not all, of my Christmas shopping is done.
I am grateful for a mild fall with lovely weather and several opportunities to visit with family.
I am looking forward to several holiday celebrations that are planned in the ensuing weeks that promise to be festive and fun.
I am proud of my big girls. Jenna has done well in school these past two semesters and is ready to embark on a exciting journey to Romania.  I admire her courage, her planning, and her willingness to serve in a country far away.  I know her life and heart will be touched and changed by her time there.  Sierra likewise is doing well in school.  She recently changed her major to forensic science and is very excited about studying that.  I am so thrilled for her, it's hard to know what you want to do and although she is blessed with a keen intellect and a hard working, honest character so she could have done anything she wanted, I am very glad that she has found something that she will find exciting and fulfilling.  Life is too short to do something you hate, or just tolerate.  Dani is soon to celebrate her 5th wedding anniversary and she has grown into a wonderful woman.  I admire her patient, kind mothering style, her sense of fun and her deep and supportive love for her husband.  I don't know how I did it but somehow I raised three perfect daughters. 
I am excited about this season of raising the younger three.  Hannah is really a delight, she is helpful and sweet and that girl's got style.  I do not know where she got it but she is fancy and high fashion and so cute.  She wants to be obedient, and responsible and is really learning who she is and what is important to her.  She has become a conscientious student and R and I better start saving our pennies, we promised a Kings Dominion trip at the end of the school year if all three kids got all A's all year...they are well on their way.  Ethan, of course, our only boy "the golden child" (as some of his sisters like to call him), is a delight.  He's a good little scout, an excellent student, a wiz at electronics and chess and a mean soccer player.  As well as all that he is loving and cuddly and kind.  Finally we have Lucy, spirited, independent, sassy, sweet, fun loving, wants to try it all, know it all and do it all.  She's the perfect little caboose for our family.  What a fun, busy,exciting time in life to see them grow, schlep them around, enjoy their company, teach them.

What a great month!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture. I bet it seems like it was just yesterday when Dani got married. (Time passes much too quickly)

    I wish I could say all of my shopping was done. You are so on the ball.

    ReplyDelete