Tuesday, December 6, 2011

sand

Saturday morning, early, while I was baking a breakfast casserole before going with Hannah to the shelter to serve breakfast I had some quiet moments to myself.  The house was mostly dark and everyone was asleep (not surprising since it was 4:45am).  I was on the computer waiting on the baking to be done and was browsing when I found something amazing.  Sand.  Magnified 250 x +.  Look at it!!
Have you ever wondered how God could know all His children, how does he know your name and what you are doing.  I have wondered.  Oh, I have faith that He does, but I don't know how.  Then to top it off there are those verses  in the scriptures about how God's children are more numerous that the sands in the sea or the stars in the heavens...that is a lot, and frankly looking at the sand didn't comfort me much, it is all the same as far as you could see.  But that quiet morning looking at what wasn't visible to the naked mortal eye I saw something beautiful, and the spirit whispered to me that this is what the Father sees.  He sees each of us, magnificent and beautiful and unique.  I can not see what He sees, but I can believe in Him and that He does.  It was a sweet tender moment for me.  One that I am grateful for. 

Yesterday I subbed in 4th grade.  Then last night we had FHE.  We watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.  It was lovely.  Lu fell asleep on R's lap, so cute.

Today I subbed in special ed.  Sweet kids.  I had the worst sinus headache and was very happy that I only had to work a half day.  I came home, took tylenol and watched Sabrina on AMC.  Now the headache is gone and I am ready for piano lessons and daisy scouts. 

2 comments:

  1. I wonder those same things ALL THE TIME. How, how, how. But I'm with you, I don't know how but I know HE DOES. And that is so comforting to me.

    I'm so grateful to know what I know--it gives me such peace. I just wish all of my children understood. It breaks my heart when they struggle.

    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is comforting to know that He knows me and I'm with Yvonne when I see my children and grandchildren struggle, it breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete