Saturday, December 17, 2011

the trouble with pinterest

 Here is the trouble with pinterest.  I look at it and see all these crafty, creative, cute ideas for projects, home decor, baking, sewing, you name it....and I think I can do it.  Based on what I am not sure. 
So, I decided it would be so fun to make Tatum a little mermaid softy doll.  And it would be "easy and inexpensive". 
May I present attempt number 1:  Bethany the "a shark bit off one of my arms and then I went to clown school" mermaid.  I do not know what is up with her lips or what happened to her other arm, when I was cutting it out she had two.  I feel like she has hope and I still have 8 days to come up with a decent mermaid but it will not be easy (or inexpensive)


R on the other hand wanted to surprise us with a treat and so he went to the bakery and bought a beautiful cake.
Perfect product.

Hmmm??

3 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I am laughing? Out loud? With David? ;o) She is cute, but a little weird at the same time. I'm sure you will come up with a perfectly wonderful mermaid in the next 8 days. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Bethany. Well maimed mermaids need love too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same interest problem... I tried to "antique" my canvas photo project and it looks like someone just smeared a nice layer of poop on the edges... oy!

    ReplyDelete