Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

 We had a good day.  R and E,H went back to help paint some more.  They all really enjoyed helping and were glad they got to go again.  S worked and then she and J went to the mall.  Lu and I did some errands.  My kitchen torch is dead so I have been searching for a new one all week and would you believe I could not find one anywhere?  Crazy.  I am making creme brule tomorrow but now I don't know how I will carmalize the top :(
We did a lot of cooking, Lu. 
We had the missionaries over for dinner. 
 Lu helped Daddy open the cider. 
 After the Elders left we opend our Christmas Eve presents...new pajamas! surprise!  Then read scriptures and had prayers and put Lu to bed.
 I went back into the kitchen to do some cooking from tomorrow , and Lu joined me, so R put her to bed.  Then she joined me while I was cleaning up...and I put her to bed.  Then she came down again and got put back to bed and finally she fell asleep.
 While I was writing my talk for tomorrow (at 10pm- yes the talk I have known about for 2 months) she came in my room to ask if it was morning yet.  Not yet.
Now it's midnight and Bub just came in to check....still not morning. 

1 comment:

  1. Put them under the broiler for a few minutes. It has worked for me the last few times I've made sweet-potato brulee.

    ReplyDelete