Friday, December 9, 2011

Millie and I dropped Lu off at the bus stop and went for a little wander around the neighborhood.  It was so lovely out.  The air was cool and the ground was covered with frost.  We meandered past lovely Christmasy houses, I like all the wreaths and decor.  I also love the lamp posts in our neighborhood, they are so cute.  While we were walking I was thinking about the things I need to do today and really feeling grateful for a lovely home to clean and make welcoming for a precious family.  I am doing some holiday shopping and planning some food for festivities coming up too.  Joyful, blessed life.

Wednesday we had our YW Christmas party.  The Lyons' opened their home to us and we had a nice time eating, exchanging gifts, watching the Grinch and visiting. 
Last night I went to the RS Christmas dinner.  It was also very nice.  I loved sitting and visiting with the sisters at my table, we had yummy soups for dinner and had a beautiful program.

Yesterday I also got to talk to all three big girls on the phone.  That is kind of rare, I usually talk to one or the other of them but rarely all 3.  Dani called to tell me she bought tickets for herself and for Tate to come visit!! Yeah!!!  SO EXCITED!  Now they just need to get Greg's ticket, I really hope he can come too.  He is my favorite son in law after all :)  Jenna called twice, she is taking finals and we love to talk while she's walking to classes.  She is sad her Romanian class is over, but glad for the rest and has so far done well on her tests and all her classes except American Heritage which she hates and is required to take.  Hopefully she'll do well enough.  Sierra called and was excited because Mark & Bea sent her Christmas money and she was going to buy some new pots and pans that don't wobble and she told me she got to see John Bytheway speak at institute.  Which is really fun.  She and J both date a lot, hang out a lot, and are having a lot of fun.  She is registered for next semester and is very excited about her upcoming classes.  This momma could not be happier.

And I really want to say, for the record, that Mark has been the best ex husband I could ever have hoped for.  I have a lot of friends who are divorced and it is often a total and complete nightmare.  We have a very amiable divorce.  He has always paid his child support, he always remembers birthdays and Christmas and has visited the girls when he could and whenever I have called him for help he has always come through, for which I am eternally and extremely grateful.  Bea is likewise a loving fun step mom and although we don't see each other often we get along well and I have been happy for her to be in the girls lives and grateful for her loving supportive relationship with them.  Although divorce is a sad, tragic event decision choice consequence I don't really know what is the right word to put here, and I wish no one ever did it I am glad that ours is a peaceful one.  What a weird thing to write about in a Christmas post?, I am in a counting my blessings mood I guess and really just recognize how blessed I am with the people in my life.

Well, I have many things to do today and the good health and energy to do them so I'm off.

2 comments:

  1. It is far too rare to have a "good" divorce- and that is a blessing. I too know many who are not blessed in that way- and either there are years of contentions or neglecting of responsibilities. Glad your girls are doing to well here in Utah. I remember American Heritage all too well- yuck. I had to take it at night and I hated having to walk out after at night.

    ReplyDelete