Tuesday, November 29, 2011

this and that

Although we had perfect weather the whole time we were in Ohio it rained the whole drive there and the whole drive back.  Despite the weather we had a pleasant drive back.  The kids travel well now, which is such a wonderful wonderful blessing.  Love it!  We got home kind of late, near 10, and quickly got the car unloaded and the kids into bed. 

Monday morning I got a call to sub.  I said yes, I normally do even if it's not convenient. I was in special ed all day, it's kind of tough in there.  All the students are little and autistic and it's even though they are so cute it's sad to see them struggle.  I am going back there tomorrow.  It is definitely not a place I would want to work every day, but from time to time it's fine.  When we all got home the Martines kids came over.  They are going to spend a couple of days with us, baby Alexis finally joined the family this last weekend so we get the big kids.  They are great, all the kids get along and play well together.  My kids actually like it better than not having them here...it's like one long slumber party.  The only hard part is when the kids don't want to go to bed, which honestly is a regular occurrence here now I have 7 kids not wanting to sleep instead of 3 :)

Today I unpacked, did some Christmas shopping, took the girls to paino, and made a yummy yummy dinner coconut rice and pork tacos with chili verde.

Now the children are upstairs jumping around, trying to sleep... sleeping.... nope, still jumping around.

1 comment:

  1. I know the parents of the special needs children are grateful for loving teachers and teachers aides.

    ReplyDelete