Saturday, October 8, 2011

temple trip and Mr. Flay's burger

 Hannah has been so excited to go to the temple.  She and Ethan both ask a lot of questions all the time and are really interested and looking forward to going there when they are grown.  She had her birthday in August and was ready to go the next day :), it took us a while longer to get everything arrange but we finally got a chance.  We brought sweet Chelsea with us and the two girls were so darling and had a nice experience.  It was really special for me to see H doing the work with her Dad and I am grateful for the Lord's great plan of Happiness that allows families to be together forever.

 Recently I discovered that Bobby Flay, our favorite celebrity chef, had opened a restaurant in DC.  I have been trying to figure out how to get there ever since.  Sooo, it's 9 miles from the temple.  We left the temple at 9:15 and it closes at 10.  Piece of cake (you might say IF you had not driven in the district before and knew not of what you spoke)  We walked in the door at 6 minutes til.  Luckily it was still packed and there was a line so we just queued up and got our burgers.
 I had the burger of the month, the nacho burger.  It was good.  Everyone enjoyed their food.  R and I shared some sweet potato fries with honey mustard/horseradish dip.  Yumm. 
Would I go again?  Yes, if I was there and someone wanted to.  Would I go out of my way ...maybe not.  It was good, and I do love Mr. Flay but a burger is a burger is a burger.  This was one of the better ones I've had but ...
Then on the drive home we circled right by the Washington monument, which I had not seen up close at night before and it was beautiful.  I wish I had a better picture of the it.  The flags circling the bottom, lite up against the dark night were really lovely.

We got home at midnight and fell into bed.  It's a long and stressful trip.

this Sunday, BTW, the Lyons girls are performing at the visitors center and I have a picnic planned and really really want to take the kids up to hear them.  Frankly I don't know that I can persuade R to venture up again. Usually it takes him a long time to be willing to head to the city again.

No comments:

Post a Comment