Sunday, October 23, 2011

a beautiful autumn afternoon

Church was very nice today, as really it always is.  I am so grateful for the restored gospel and the blessing of taking the sacrament and learning about God's eternal plan for us.

When we got home we had lunch and then went for a family bike ride (well actually Hannah was at Katie's but the rest of us went).  We rode about 10 miles.  Lu did great, she was connected to Dad's bike.  E did great for 7 ish miles, then he got tired and started to "feel faint and nauseous".  I did pretty well going out, didn't have as much fun coming back.  I am a light weight.  Thankfully I can just put my head down and keep pedalling up and down the hills while DH takes up the rear and yells at encourages the children. 

When I wasn't busy hating it it was a most pleasant ride.  The trees are in their full fall splendor.  The air smelled wonderful.  It was the kind of day that reminded me of being on vacation in the mountains, except we live here.  Sweet!

This evening Sierra stopped by to have some dessert and visit with us.  She had a few days off  from classes and came home to see some friends and do some work.  Her classes are going really well and she is liking them and making friends.  super sweet!

1 comment:

  1. I love Fall.

    I'm not much of a bike rider ; (

    Hooray for Sierra visiting.

    ReplyDelete