Tuesday, October 25, 2011

neighborhood excitement

Tonight while I was getting dinner ready, well actually I was upstairs folding some clothes and things were almost ready to go in the kitchen, I smelled something funny and noticed a lot of commotion going on outside.  We went outside to take a look and it smelled like gas. Most of the other neighbors were also out, then our neighbor, the police officer, came up in his car and told everyone to go up the road behind his car.  If we could smell it we were too close.  Turns out some one's propane tank was hit and leaking.  It smelled and you could actually see the vapor coming off it and could hear it hissing.  Some of the houses carbon monoxide alarms were going off.  Three fire trucks came and the firefighters got the tank shut off, and checked all the homes for pockets of gas.  It was a regular block party as everyone stood around talking and watching.

Later in the evening Lu and I went to the community rec center for her first Daisy scout meeting.  She's been wanting to join for awhile and when a group started so close to our home we decided to take advantage.  She had a great time and I think it will be  fun year.  They are going to do a service project next week and march in the veterans day parade. 

I made bread today.  It took forever for the bread to rise, it was a little chilly in the house.  How will I make bread in the winter?

Also today I did a lot of laundry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment