Saturday, March 9, 2019

Weekend???

I worked yesterday. Rob did not. Ethan wanted to go home mid day because it’s block testing this week at school and he wasn’t doing anything. Since I was working there I knew it was true. Unless the kids have a test they literally do nothing on those days. After a week of that  he was bored enough that he agreed to be a carpenter’s assistant and Rob picked him up.  He and Rob worked for a long time and got one awesome shelf built. 
In the evening we met Rebecca (from Rob’s work) and her boyfriend for dinner at Disney Springs. She chose the restaurant and it was one we hadn’t been to. The food was good. I had a squash and potato gnocchi and a beet salad. They were both delicious. 
Greg is a test pilot at China Lake, she just moved here from there this last fall. He’s getting out of the military soon so maybe they will be closer to each other then. He wants to be an astronaut (which was fun to hear about), he’s also into fishing so he and Rob has lots to say to each other :) It was a fun night. Rebecca’s come to our house for dinner before and is super nice, it was fun to see her again. Greg was easy going and interesting. They asked us what we are doing with our weekend and I laughed. When you are a parent you spend your weekend driving kids around!

Belle, Grace’s friend had a diabetes walk. Grace really wanted to go. She normally doesn’t like to walk a long way so I was surprised. Actually I was discouraging because she’s got a lot going on right now and if she’s not careful she ends up in bed. In the end I didn’t want to keep her from doing something that she thought she could...and I do want her to live a normal life, and getting stronger is a good way to that goal. Anyway we went and she had fun. There were lots of people there, lots of festive energy.
I read. I was planning to walk but Grace likes her space and in the end I decided to sit in the shade and read my book. 
Yesterday Grace got sent home from school with a fever. She was shaky and the nurse was worried. Today she felt fine. 

After the walk I took her to school to catch the middle of play rehearsal. I say middle because she had to leave early for a band mpa. 

Meanwhile Rob took Ethan to play basketball. 
This afternoon he’s going to play soccer. Then they went home to work on the garage.

So I finished my book while at the walk and checked my library to see what else I had checked out. I chose this one by its cover. That’s the weird thing about browsing electronically, I didn’t know what it was about. So it turned out that it was a book of feminist poetry. I read the whole thing and enjoyed it, this is not my usual fair but it spoke to me. I think all women have similar experiences so even though it was a little more raw and crude than I like it still drew me in. 


Look at these adorable sandhill crane chicks! They are my favorite!!

I got home from dropping off Grace and joined the men in the garage. We are making progress. 

Rob had a fishing activity with the cubs in the later afternoon.

Tonight we are going to see Captain Marvel. I can’t wait.

So yes. We did have fun plans.  


They got all superiors!

No comments:

Post a Comment