Thursday, March 7, 2019

Florida winter

Well I guess it is March already so almost spring but these last few days have been some of the colder ones this whole winter.
Right now I am sitting by the pool;that is by the tennis court; where Ethan’s team is having a game/match/meet. 

It is very nice and I may fall asleep.
Yesterday they also had a game. He played and won against his opponent.

Grace has play practice every day. Did I already say that she started voice lessons this week?

I subbed yesterday and today and will tomorrow at the high school. This means I’m getting a lot of reading done. Yesterday I finished “winter garden”  by Kristin Hannah. I liked it a lot. I didn’t really realize how awful the war was for Russians living in Leningrad during WWII. Luckily it wasn’t just about that, still it was enough and now I know.

Then I read “the reluctant midwife”, which I really liked. It was about a nurse during the depression.  She works at one of FDR’s conservation camps as a nurse and helps out a local midwife and delivers groceries and grows crops and anything else she can to make ends meet. It’s a hard time in our nations histroy but the people were strong and resourceful and hard working. 

I finished that today. Luckily I learned how to check out books electronically from my library so I just hopped online and found another! How amazing is that? I still really like to have a book in my hand but you can’t beat ebooks from the library for cost and portability and quick access!

No comments:

Post a Comment