Wednesday, March 20, 2019

King Triton was in a mood

Vacation day 1 didn’t go as I had planned. As we know Rob and Grace love to fish. Ethan does not and I have never tried it but don’t think I would love it. Nonetheless I booked a fishing charter for us and we were looking forward to it.

This week has been cool and rainy. We were hopeing it would clear up, all morning it rained. We kept in touch with the captain who felt like the afternoon should be good.

So we got to the dock after the rain had stopped. It was choppy and the water looked a little rough. Despite this the captain and Rob thought it would be better out so off we went.
This is the calm before the storm.

It did not get better, in fact it got worse. By the time we got out to where we were supposed to fish we were all soaking wet, the waves were higher than the vessel and it was dark and turbulent. No one else was out fishing. 

Finally I said “we are going back.” I am not brave like a South African (our fearless captain was from there). 
Call me chicken little but I was not enjoying it one bit. I also don’t believe the fishing would have been very good although there was a good chance someone would be swept overboard. 
I guess I empathize with the Saviors apostles a little more when they cried “master, the tempest is raging!” Although if He were sleeping next to me I might feel safe. 


Some of our party was pretty bummed. 

We got to the hotel and I washed and dried all our salt soaked clothes. 

Then we headed to the mall and to dinner. The day was fun, the weather was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment