Monday, March 18, 2019

St Patrick’s Day


I love themed food. Every St Patty’s day we make Irish food. This year it fell on a Sunday. We invited the Walkenhorst Family and Steve and Wendi Pistorias to join us. Wendi made shamrock cookies and Jen a big green salad. I made corned beef and cabbage, colcannon, green jello and green fluff and brown bread. It was all yummy! 

After we did Come Follow Me together. I like this new program a lot. I like two hours of church but I don’t like only having YW every other week, I miss the girls.

For two hours of church a week I had a lot of church. First was ward council, this is where the ward leaders discuss the needs of the ward, plan calendar items, decide who will visit members who need visits and other logistical needs. 

Then we had our two hour block. First sacrament meeting where we participate in the ordinance of the sacrament. Then we hear a couple of talks. This week the topic was from Ephesians & putting on the armor of God.  The speakers were both good. Next we have our 2nd hour which is one week Sunday school, one week priesthood and RS/YW. The children have primary every week. This week was Sunday school and we studied Mark 10. 

Then in the evening I had not one but two bonus meetings. The first was with the public affairs committee. The stake is holding a teacher appreciate dinner. The youth will have the opportunity to invite their favorite teacher and spot light them. The ward youth leaders have assignments. The meeting was good and I think the evening will be nice.

Then there was the self reliance meeting. This is a fairly new program, a few years old. It’s a program where groups are formed with common interests, they have had 4 areas: starting your own small business, English connections, pathways and personal finance. This year they are adding two more, which is why the YW presidents were invited, life skills for priests and laurels and YSA’s - which will teach them how to get ready for college, budgeting, etc. and Anxiety and Depression support.  
Anyway it was a good  meeting. I hope some of our youth will participate. 

After that I came home to my family. I love that the church has so many programs to help and strengthen families. Everyone has struggles, they are all different and we try to help each other and understand each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment