Monday, August 27, 2018

Weekend


Ethan went to a football game on Friday. Our school lost. It’s brand new, like second year open, first year with seniors on campus new. And these things take time. I am happy with the school. Ethan likes his teachers and has lunch friends and go to football games friends. He, of all of us, is most anxious to get in the house and hates hotel living. There are a lot of priests in our ward and a lot of kids in seminary so I think things are going smoothly.

While he was gone we took Grace to Cracker Barrel. It’s her favorite and usually no one else wants to go there. She likes the chicken and dumplings and was a happy girl.

Saturday we spent at the house. Our painting expectations have expanded. Our stuff arrives on Friday and our upstairs carpet arrives Wednesday so our goal is to have the upstairs painted before that. Downstairs will be done bit by bit. 

We have gone to Home Depot 3x for $$$ each time. 

Sunday was a nice day. I love our ward already. The second and third hour discussions have been so good. A few month ago in ward council Bishop Dunn was talking to us about ministering to our fellow ward members. He said that everyone goes thru ups and downs and this is certainly true. Then he said specifically to the people in the room that our ups and downs are not always noticeable to others because we are steady and diligent but that everyone has them and it’s important to minister to the apparently strong as well as to the weak.  This is something that I can really testify to. Most of the time my friends are who I would consider “alpha Mormons”. They, and I, are always there, always serving, always trying to be engaged. Yet each of us is so flawed and so completely dependent on the Savior and the blessings of His atoning sacrifice. Lifting and helping one another is so critical. 
Being 50 has been awesome because 1. I’m alive. 2. I am so blessed. But it’s also been really hard because I thought by the time I was 50, realistically more than half way thru my life, that I would be so much better. It is disappointing to still be so so flawed and full of sin. So I have particularly enjoyed the sharing and the strengthening that has been part of this ward experience. 

Last night Ethan and Rob went to stake priesthood meeting. They both said it was good and Rob reported that they
served ice cream sandwiches after:)

Grace and I floated around the pool. Leaving the hotel room is a priority for us so even though typically we don’t swim on Sundays the truth is we do when we have the grandkids visiting, or we are on vacation, or stuck in a hotel:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment