Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Full of life

Florida is full of life. There are little lizards, tons of birds, bugs, deer, gators, plants. When I walk Ziva we get to enjoy watching all of them. This morning I watched a little hummingbird for a long time. One negative is all these little burrs. They get all over Ziva’s fur even though I can’t see them or tell where they come from. At first we pulled them off with our fingers. But then we got splinters. Now we use a diggle hopper, which works great, but she hates. This post walk grooming ritual is not my favorite part of the day.
We went to the high school and got Ethan registered. I thought we had an appointment to meet with the counselor, really we had an appointment to hand over paperwork. Every state does school a little differently so I hope we got it right. Just in case we are making an appointment next week, school will have started but only just so we should be able to make adjustments if we need to.

Lego "nessie" in front of the lego store
We met with our new orthodontist, we liked her and her office is only 1/2 a mile from our house. That’s another thing checked off our list.
playing in the rain
For mutual tonight the kids went to Disney Springs for a scavenger hunt. Ethan and Grace both had fun. It was fun for me to see the big group of kids. They are very welcoming. Rob and I walked around while they had their activity and found a whole new section that we hadn’t seen before. We still haven’t seen it all.


I like to look at instagrams of different families, mostly moms with young kids. They are so cute and I miss those happy, busy, crazy, chaotic days. I was thinking today though that there are no accounts of moms with teens. I wonder why? Teens are a lot of fun to parent. I guess they don’t like to have pictures taken of them with spaghetti on their faces or sleeping cutely. 

When we left the park it started to rain. It was a down pour really. Ziva still needed her nightly walk. We tried to wait the rain out but eventually Ethan and I took her. We got very wet and I took a picture of him kicking his ball in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment