Sunday, August 19, 2018

Sunday

Sunday is my favorite day of the week. I love to watch Ethan prepare and bless the sacrament. Today in RS we were talking about things to do to keep the sacrament holy in our minds and in our experience. One thing I thought about that helps me keep my focus on the Savior is how the visual experience reminds me of His atonement. I think the sacrament table looks very much like the bed in the sepulcher where Jesus’ body lay while He was dead. The white cloth laying over the trays of bread and water symbolize the burial shroud. The bread symbolizes His body and the water His blood, calling to mind His atonement for us.  Exactly reminiscent of the last supper and a weekly renewal of our baptismal covenants. It is a very beautiful ordinance. 

Our ward is really interesting because each week we have lots and lots of visitors. I have heard that in the summer there are more visitors than members in attendance. Of course people who bother to find a meeting to attend in the middle of their Disney dream vacation are going to be pretty devout. We have had very interesting and engaging discussions in both Sunday School and RS. I have enjoyed it so much.

This week we had two families from South Africa who are here for Disney. That was fun. I talked to the two sisters a little and asked how they were liking it. They are but they said it’s very hot! Ha! If people from Africa think it’s hot here that tells you something!


FaceTiming with Sierra and Arrow and Clayna and the girls at the same time! 

Today in Gospel Doctrine we were learning about King Hezakiah and when he cleansed the temple and prepared it for worship.  We talked about things we can do in our lives to keep ourselves prepared for worship and our lives clean.
One verse really popped out to me:
2 Chronicles 29:11 My sons, be not now negligent: for the Lord hath chosen you to stand before him, to serve him, and that ye should minister unto him, and burn incense.
This made me think of myself, chosen of the Lord (hopefully) and while I don't have any trouble not killing or not stealing I do have trouble not being negligent.  Do I serve the Lord? Do I set my time aside to do His will every day? Do I serve others around me? Fast, and pray and ponder and study? Do I have a prayer in my heart at all times?  It's the little personal acts of worship and obedience that are easily forgotten when life gets busy and that I need to be most diligent in.
Good reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment