Thursday, August 30, 2018

The good, bad and every day.

I love the Spanish moss that covers the trees
This morning Grace rode the bus to school. It’s just down the road from our house. There were 6-7 kids riding at that stop so maybe she’ll have some neighborhood friends.

This week we’ve had workers in an out of our house. It’s been full of what are probably typical challenges when you do any renovations. Tomorrow our stuff arrives. I am looking forward to getting settled and organized. Moving is the worst.

Yesterday Grace had a friend from church come home from school with her. The youth had a temple trip and Berenice’s mom works. I think the girls had fun hanging out. We then picked up Saige and headed to the temple to meet the other youth.

After the kids got settled and found their group I went upstairs to do some inititories.  I was quicker than they were and was delighted to find that when I came back Ethan was in the font doing the baptizing.  It was really special to see him there and to know what a good young man he is.  When he raised his arm to the square and said " being commissioned of Jesus Christ, I baptize you...." I got  that special warm feeling in my heart that I love.  A witness of truth and light.  I could see him being a missionary, being a disciple of Christ, being a godly, righteous man.  I am so proud of him for honoring his priesthood and being worthy to exercise it.  It was really special to see all the young priests baptizing, being witnesses, recording the work.  It made the experience so much more meaningful.

It was a night I will long remember and treasure up in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment