Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Ethan has a tiny bouncy ball. He’s bouncing it off walls and ceiling. 

Grace is watching YouTube videos about snakes. 

Our crew is busy working and packing our stuff. I feel bad that we have so much junk in our back garage. It’s a lot to move. I feel even worse because we will be spending the first 2 months in Florida throwing a lot of that stuff away since we won’t have room for it. Rob didn’t have time to do it before he left.

Yesterday I bought them burritos and coke. Today pizza and waters. 

Yesterday I was robbed😞 I was at the laundromat doing the wash and was on my phone while the washer was working. I have a wallet case and I think someone must have seen my debit card in it. When the washer was done I closed my phone, stuck it in my purse and stood up to swap the laundry.  When I was done I went back and sat down, for my phone and my card was gone. Such a bummer. 

I got to add go to the bank to my list of things to get done, and I was pretty grumpy about having to go there.

Last night was our last sleep in our CA house. I sat outside in my reclining outdoor chair for a long time talking with Rob and watching the sun set behind the house and the stars come out. The evening was cool, as is typical for a desert night, and it was quiet and nice. 

As we ran some errands yesterday I kept running into people I knew. I got to give some more goodbye hugs. It’s been a good 3 years here. Fun to reconnect with some old friends and to make some new ones. We won’t miss CA per say but we will miss the people we’ve met and the closeness to family. I am grateful for the many good things we’ve experienced here, for the great leaders the kids have had, for seminary, for our year having  Disney season pass, for growth of testimony and family.

Now we just have to survive one more long packing day and one flight and we are off!

No comments:

Post a Comment