Thursday, August 16, 2018

Gratitude


In my prayers each day I try to express a lot of gratitude. Fortunately for me it has always been easy to find things to be grateful for. I have been very very blessed, counting those blessings brings me peace and joy. It makes me more content and it makes me a better person.
In the interest of full disclosure I do my share of asking and lamenting too but I strive to tip the scales way to the giving thanks side. 

Tonight was no different. As I knelt by my bed at the close of day I began to think of things I was grateful for. 
Tonight I was grateful for the lightening storm out the window in “Ethan’s room”. It’s been lighting up the night sky long after the Disney fireworks ended. 
We see the fireworks each night from our window. At least each night we bother to look for them. (You miss a lot of beauty if you don’t look for it).  So that’s something else to be grateful for. 
I enjoy our afternoon rain, and the thunder and lightening that often come with it.
I am grateful for cool morning walks with Ziva while Ethan is in seminary. It’s still dark out as we circle the church parking lot. I like to look up and see the stars and to watch them slowly fade as the sun comes up.
Today I was grateful to be driving my own car again, and for a car wash to clean off the grim that was caked on it. I’m not sure what route between CA to FL detours through a tar pit but they found it and the flex arrived filthy!
I am grateful my family is safe and cozy under one roof with dinner and soft beds, clean towels, laptops for homework, and air conditioning.
I am grateful that Grace is happy with her classes and getting to know people.
I am grateful that Ethan is kind and that he is patient. It is so hard to move in the middle of high school and he, like his sisters before him, is handling it like a champ. It is hard and stressful for me as I worry and pray the first few weeks and months that they will make good friends and good choices. That might be the actual worst part of moving.
I am grateful for my dumb little dog. 
For FaceTime.
I am so grateful that Arrow’s surgery went well. Even though I’m so far away I was able to talk with Anna and know how things were going. 
I am grateful that Tanner is home safe and sound after faithfully serving a 2 year mission. What a great example he has set for all the cousins that follow him. I am so proud of him! 
I am grateful for tech and how it makes our lives nicer. 
I am grateful for my good health and that of my family’s.
I am grateful for the Savior. Sometimes I can’t believe what He has done for us, for me. 
I am grateful to live near the temple. 
I am grateful for the chance I have to repent and do better in my life. For personal revelations. 
And I am grateful for so much more. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment