Friday, July 28, 2017

the end of the week

 Wednesday night Val and I went to Zupas, my favorite.  While I was waiting for her to get off work I visited with Spencer and also looked at Kenzie's room where I saw this darling picture of Hannah and Kenz! So excited for fall and these two girls being roommates!

During the day I was at Dani's.  I got to do bath time and read stories and Dani and I took the kids, and the 3 she was babysitting, to the park.  We had a fun afternoon on the boardwalk and playing on the playground.  The kids spent a lot of time looking for bugs and were very successful!


Me and Tatum!

After dinner I went to mom's and spent the night.  Sierra is staying there while she is between apartments so I got to visit with her some more too.  The next day we stayed at mom's until it was time to get Ethan.  We talked and played Phase 10.  Sierra won! She's a good game player.
Sierra and I went to BYU and picked up Ethan.  We got to watch him play a game.  
He had a really fun time!

Besides soccer all day they had evening activities with the other sports camps.  They had a dance, devotionals, a field day and a trip to 7 peaks.  

After camp we made him shower then the 3 of us went to Tacano's for dinner.  E was starving so we got our $'s worth.  He wore his fitbit and they ran over 50 miles at camp.  When I went to wash his clothes I about got knocked out by the smell.  He said every day he and his room mate would just throw their dirty clothes in a bag and into the closet and then they slammed the door as if they were trapping a wild animal...even they noticed the smell!

After dinner E and I went back to Dani's.  Tatum had earned the privilege of having a betta fish so soon after we arrived we all went to the pet store and watched her pick one.  She named him Bubbles.

After all the kids were asleep we decided to put together a puzzle.  It was a summer bucket list item for Dani.  It took us until almost 1am! yikes.  I usually don't like doing puzzles and am pretty bad at them, but I had a really fun time and did my fair share.  I LOVE being close enough to visit often and to have these nice moments together. 

This morning we woke up early and drove home.  It doesn't feel close while you are on the drive and we got stuck sitting on the 15 behind a huge accident for close to an hour.  Everyone was out of their cars and walking around and looky looing.  We stayed in our car with the windows down and played a game together.  Most of the trip E slept.  

It's good to be home.  Now we are doing laundry and packing the kids stuff because they are going on an Ohio trip tomorrow.  Summer is busy! I was a little frustrated to come home to a messy house, not surprised but a little annoyed.  I need to be a better trainer I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment