Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day

I'm glad we have a day set aside to honor fathers.  They are so important.  Society and the media try to down play their role and unfortunately there are a good number of dead beat dads that disappoint and drop the ball.  


some great dads


However there are a lot of wonderful, hard working men out there who take their responsibilities seriously.  Men who love their wives and their children and who work hard for them.  I feel very lucky that some of those good guys are in my family.

My brothers are good men and good dads.  Alec is patient and kind.  His daughter is grown now and he's done a good job raising her and loving her.  Michael came to fatherhood a little later in life and he is so sweet and involved.  I love watching him with his two little ones. My sisters have married wonderful men as well.  They are each good fathers, they take care of their family and love their kids.  They are good uncles to my kids as well, which I am so grateful for.

Greg is awesome.  He is very hands on, very patient and a very good leader in his home.

Of course Rob is awesome.  He puts his whole heart into parenting and gives the kids every opportunity and advantage.

This past week two of our friends from TX lost their husbands.  Both are young moms with young families.  It breaks my heart to think of their sadness and the huge trial this will be in their lives.  Sierra's good friend Kinzie is one of those moms.  She is so young herself and has three darling little babies.  It is so unfair.
Life is full of hard things and unfairnesses.  Somehow we need to find a way to carry on, to be strong and faithful.  Luckily we are not left alone in our efforts. This is something I know for sure.  I don't know why awful and sad things happen but I know that God has a plan for all His children, and that He loves us so we have to trust Him, especially when it's hard.

I will be keeping those two moms and their babies in my prayers.  The kids accuse me of praying too long but who am I supposed to leave out??


Hannah spoke in church today.  She did a great job.  All three of the talks were excellent and the spirit was strong.  I love that.  I love the boost and the flow of ideas and the strength of fellowship, and testimony and the blessings of taking the sacrament. 

Tonight the Elders came over for dinner.  It was pretty fun.

It was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment