Saturday, September 15, 2012

the rest of the trip

Dani,Sierra, Me and Jenna and Val's
 My week in Utah went super too fast!  We were busy the whole time, even if it was only with holding little Penny and admiring her cuteness.  Friday night we had a BBQ at Val's.  Michael and JaNee, Mom & Dad, the girls and Clayton and Greg and the grandbabes were all there.
Tate making welcome home cupcakes
 The day Penny and Dani came home from the hospital Tatum and I made white cupcakes with purple frosting and sprinkles to welcome them home.  Note to self: a three year old and a bottle of sprinkles....not a good idea.
the little missionaries
 Mom and Dad are officially missionaries again.  They have two weeks in the MTC.  We got to see them a few times still and Dad drove me to the airport this morning.  I am so proud of them, they are going to be awesome!!
first bath
 Sierra made time to come see us several times.  It was a lot of fun.  I also got to see both the girls apartments and meet Sierra's roommates.
Mimi and Penny

Penny and Sierra

lunch at Zupas
 Andrea and Yoho and cute Reg are moving to Phoenix AZ.  Yo got a new job.  I am excited for them.  I enjoyed seeing Em and Tal and Jakob.  We met for lunch and it was delicious and fun to see the girls.
dinner at Tacanos
 I really enjoyed getting to know Clayton.  He is a lot of fun.  We went to dinner together one night and it was so pretty out with the lights and the fountains. 
lunch at Awful Waffle
Jenna and Emma both work at the Awful Waffle.  I have to say the food is pretty darn good. 

The only damper on the week is I wish the little kids and R could have come with me and the news was awful this week with the embassy attacks and riots.  I rarely (never) report about world events but I will just say it's a scary place out there.  My strategy is to try to be obedient, to have faith, and to do the best job I can in my own sphere of influence.  I sure hope someone wiser than me is doing something about the global mess we are in.

2 comments:

  1. We are excited to have andrea and family here in AZ! She will be only a few minutes away from us Dopps. It is even already on the family calendar to help them move! Good times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun that you got to be with so many of your family. I know your Mom and Dad will be great in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete