Monday, September 3, 2012

labor day

labor day,  it didn't go quite like I planned.  I thought we'd get up and go hike the lake.  We are in charge of the cub scout family hike next month and I wanted to see how long it would take and scope it out a bit.  I also thought it would be fun to get everyone out and hiking.  I thought we'd rent Hunger Games and eat some popcorn.

What really happened is I had a video meeting for our hike to the temple Sunday night, and I while I was looking for a wall background that looked neat and tidy I apparently agreed to sleep-over, times 2.  When I got off the phone Alyssa was over, and Zach was over.  It was noisy and fun.  R took refuge in an early bedtime and I spent the night chatting with the big girls, which was totally totally fun.  Dani and I wished Penny would arrive.  Sierra and I talked about her classes and work.  Jenna told me about her marriage class, which she loves and that she went to church in the same ward as Pres Monson that day.  Eventually it was lights out and the kids were tucked into bed so I went to bed too. 

In the morning I made pancakes and home made syrup.  Hannah and Alyssa played dress up in prom dresses, Ziva also got to dress up.  Later they went thrifting with Alyssa's mom.  E and Zach took off for the field after breakfast and met up with lots of neighborhood boys for some soccer playing.  He ended up being gone until around 4 going from house to house, playing soccer or basketball and mooching sandwiches from different moms.  Lu invited Julia over.  They felt all big because Jen and I let them walk between our houses by themselves.  They switched back and forth probably 10 times.  Here they played with Z, played in the basement, had a water balloon fight and ate.  At Julia's house they watched a movie, jumped on the tramp, ate and saw a snake.

R went on a 50 mile bike ride.  I cleaned up.  We exercised together (day 4) and then we went to Salsas. 

It wasa  good day.  A good end to summer.  I like summer a lot but am ready for fall and all the fun things we have planned, for cooler weather, for the holidays.  It's a good life!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a GREAT day!!!! How exciting for Jenna to be go the same ward as President Monson.

    ReplyDelete