Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Penny Jane Brandt is here!!!

 Last Saturday I flew to Utah to help out when baby Penny was born.  Dani and I thought she'd be born before I got here but I was happily surprised that she waited!  On Saturday Greg, Dani and Tate all picked me up at the airport.  We had a fun evening, going out to eat, jumping on the trampoline and being together.  Sunday morning while we were getting ready for church Dani said that today might be the day and we might have to leave church early.  We went to sacrament meeting and Sunday School then came home to relax and count "pressure waves".  We took a walk and then Tate came home from church and Val came over.  As the afternoon progressed we were home chatting, or being quiet depending on what Dani needed.  Val took Tate to Kenz to be baby sat and Sierra came over.  Around 8pm we headed to the hospital and 2 1/2 hours later she was born!!
 It was amazing to me!  I loved being there.  Dani was amazing.  She studied Hypno-birthing and she and Greg did a super job.  She was so quiet and focused and she said it really helped during all the labor until the very end.  The room was darkened and quiet and Penny was born into a very peaceful environment.  I had never seen a baby being born in real life (except Ruth's c-section which was also neat but very different), there are really no words to describe the miraculous experience and the sweet and sacred events of a birth.  Baby Penny was a little purple and gurgley but the nurses worked with her and she was soon fine.

Sierra and I soon after Penny was born
 After she was born Penny had lots and lots of visitors.  Great grandma and Papa came, Breena and Emma, Clayton and Jenna all saw her that first night.

Finally everyone was gone and Dani and Pen were settled in their rooms and we got to go to sleep around 4am.  I spent the night and kept Dani awake with my tiny squirrel snores :) and tried to be helpful.

Jenna and Clayton were among the midnight visitors..they had a cold 

Dani and her two girls

Mimi and her grandbabes

Daddy and his new little girl

Aunt Andrea coming to visit

4 comments:

  1. Well, it's about time! I've been waiting and watching for this post! You must be so proud! What a good mommy Dani is : ) Glad everyone is well and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used hypnosis with Andrea's birth. I'd totally agree, helped me focus until the very end. Can't wait to use it again in a few weeks!

    Congrats to Dani and fam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so happy to see the pictures. She is beautiful and Dani looks amazing!

    How exciting for you to be there. Enjoy each and every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all of you!!
    Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete