Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall is here

I love fall.  It's one of my three favorite seasons!  The weather is cooling and I see some leaves beginning to turn.  Yesterday we had soccer and Ethan's team won.  He played keeper the second half and did an excellent job. 
This morning I made pumpkin cookies, my favorite recipe.  I only make it in the fall and it's such a treat.

This morning I went to Stake Council.  I have been to many, many years worth of youth council meetings and ward council meetings but this was very different.  I walked in and it felt a little like walking in on the Jedi council, the whole high council was there and in their suits and looking quite official.  I felt pretty intimidated actually.  Anyway I have to say I felt the spirit so strongly and felt so edified and instructed.  It was a powerful meeting.  I have been struggling with my new calling and feeling like I don't know what to do, how to help, feeling inadequate for the job and unsure and too much a slacker; not that I don't want to do it, or don't like it.  This meeting was a good boost.  A good reminder to fearlessly do what I am asked to do because I am not alone and the Lord qualifies those he calls and makes up the difference.  So he has a big difference to make up in my case He is up to the job. Mosiah 23: 27-28. I wish everyone could sit and get good, weighty, instruction at the feet of these good brethern.

I listened to April's conference on the way up and back.  I will be listening to the talks over the next few weeks getting ready for the next conference.  Love it!

Now I'm looking forward to the rest of our Sabbath.  Some good meetings, a yummy dinner and a family film festival tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment