Thursday, August 30, 2012

 Ziva has been coughing and sneezing.  Since she's such a baby we were worried that she had kennel cough for something more serious.  I was planning on subbing today but cancelled and headed off to the vet.  We needed to take her anyway and we had a good visit.  Z is a cutie little doggie.  Anyway, she seems fine, no worms, no intestinal problems, a virus so she got an antibiotic.  After our trip to the vet, which daddy joined us on, we went to Petco to look for some better grooming equipment.  R looked at that while Z and I tried on Halloween costumes.  Lu already has a great plan for her but we couldn't resist trying some on.  She didn't like the witch hat very much, the hot dog a little better.  I think she will like her actual costume :)
 Interesting story, E is an eater.  He is the light weight of the family, all muscle and skinnyness.  We have to buy pants with the red elastic pulls on the waist or they will fall off his buns, yet he eats a lot.  He eats breakfast, lunch and snack at school.  Then he comes home and has a sizable snack, like two corn dogs, or a handful of cookies, or a sandwich or bowl of soup, then he eats dinner, then at night he wants another "snack", something hearty.  He's 10.  I am scared for when he is 15!
We've been watching the Republican National Convention.  Ann Romney did a great job the other night.  So did Paul Ryan.  Tonight the main man is speaking.  I have been enjoying the warm up speeches a lot.  It makes me proud to be Mormon.  I always am.  This is what I think is really great about being Mormon, besides that it is God's true church on Earth, and that I have an unshakable testimony of that.  I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and that Thomas S Monson is one today.  I know God speaks to them and makes His will known.  I know the Book of Mormon is true. I am grateful for that knowledge and of course that is important and I love that.  Regardless though there is something else I love and that is that Mormons are good people.  They serve and are kind and thoughtful and charitable and honest.  They are happy and generous and put their money/time/resources where their  mouth is.  Like every group of people there are all kinds, good, bad, in the middle but I honestly feel that as a group we do have those qualities, or at least try to have them actively.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is a force for good.   I don't know how this election will go but I hope that the voters will see that and understand that if they want good morals, and a leader who will be true to his convictions, who will work hard for this country and it's people, who will be selfless they need to look to him and not to four more years of Obama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment