Monday, February 4, 2019

Unusual day

I got up at 5:20 not unusual. Took Ethan to school, came home quick and walked Z and showered and went to work at 7.
I was at the high school but didn’t get a classroom. Instead I spent the day being a test proctor, which is easy and quiet. We had 8 subs and 3 teachers, the day went quickly. 
After school was the last day of tennis try outs. Ethan made the varsity team!! I am excited and he is glad. There are 12 boys on the team and he got the 12th spot. The coach said he has the ugliest swing he’s ever seen but he’s fast and hits the ball hard. Ethan is excited to be coached. When he was on the QH JV team the coach was the cross country coach who needed another after school sport once the season was over and occasionally would yell “hey kid! Hit the ball harder” and that was the extent of his coaching. 
Tonight we went to Dicks and he got some tennis shoes and now we are off!

I made dinner for the Portuguese elders. In the middle
of cooking I realized it was late and Grace wasn’t home. I called her and find friendsed her but there was no reply and no available signal. This was concerning. Eventually I ran down the street to see if her friend made it home, which she had, and if Grace had been on the bus, which she had not. As the other mother and I discussed whether to call the police or not she finally texted that she was in rehearsal. I swear she had told me that they didn’t have rehearsal today but she did and was safe so I ran back and finished up dinner. Then I had to go pick her up just as the elders arrived (which I obviously hadn’t planned on.) Rob was held up at work so Ethan had to host. 

Hannah sent me a surprise package! So cute!! It was unexpected and so fun to get:)

For dinner I made “crack chicken soup” and it was easy and delicious!
  • 3 cups cooked shredded or chopped chicken breast (You can also use rotisserie chicken)
  • 1 (10.5 oz.) can condensed chicken soup
  • 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 2 medium carrots, sliced
  • 1 (1 oz.) packet Ranch dressing mix
  • 1 cup crumbled bacon
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
  • 8 oz. Thin Spaghetti or Angel Hair - uncooked

Instructions

  1. Combine chicken, condensed soup, chicken stock, milk, cream cheese, carrots, celery, ranch dressing mix, and crumbled bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
  2. Turn down heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes.
  3. add noodles and cheese and simmer until noodles are fully cooked.
  4. Top with extra crumbled bacon if desired
  5. ENJOY!!
When we got home from Dicks the boys took the trash to the curb, Z got walked (again) and we were in bed by 9:30. 
...where we watched Young Sheldon instead of going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment