Saturday, November 10, 2018

More work in the panhandle

Rob and Ethan spent the day working in the panhandle. Unfortunately they had to come home tonight because Rob injured his back. Still I’m proud of them for going and working hard. A day of work is still a lot.
Grace and I were going to go to Animal Kingdom. I’ve been sick though and decided it was best not to go. We slept in. Then after we took Hannah to work we went grocery shopping and did Saturday cleaning. I have a sore throat and a cough and a headache. I had a fever Friday and maybe Thursday night but that seems to be gone. Hopefully I will be well by next week and no one else will get it. DayQuil and NightQuil seem to help a lot. 

While we were at the grocery store someone broke into the car. It didn’t appear that anything was taken but all the stuff in the consol and little pockets was in the passenger seat. As if someone sat down, looked around dumping stuff out, and then quickly left. Kind of creepy and mean.

One of our chores was laundry. Our dryer decided to stop
working. I don’t know why. I had to take two wet loads to the laundromat unexpectedly.

After she was done working I picked Hannah up and we met Sawyer at the movies. We saw the new Grinch movie. It was super cute and we all
liked it. He gets free tickets and discounts so that was awesome. I wanted Grace to go but she rarely wants to go to the movies.

In my scripture study today I read about the Anti Nephi Lehi’s. They said something that really resonated with me. They said “ it took all we had to sufficiently repent”. I thought about that. All they had. When we have a good understanding of our flaws and sins we naturally want to repent and to be made clean. This process is brought about by the atonement of Jesus Christ but we also have a part and our part takes all that we have. It takes all our faith, all our prayers and all our desires to do better. It takes all our effort and time and hope. It means giving to Him all our heart and all our fears and flaws and talents and gifts.  We give Him our teeny, tiny, flawed and broken all and He gives us back His glorious, eternal, perfect, wonderful ALL.  Wow

No comments:

Post a Comment