Thursday, November 1, 2018

Books


While reading the scriptures tonight Luka kept pouncing on Grace’s head! He’s a crazy guy! This picture cracked me up. You can’t see Ziva’s eyes but they mirrored Lu’s. Both girls were looking at me like “do you see what he is doing?”

I subbed bio mechanical science at the high school today. This really means the students had independent assignments on their laptops and I read my book. I finished it today and I loved it. It’s set in France during WWII and it’s about two sisters who fight against the Nazi’s but in very different ways. 
It was sad, and horrible, and sweet and relatable all at the same time. I recommend it to anyone. It made me think of dad, growing up in that same place, during that same time. It made me think of moms all around the world and what they would do to keep their children safe. 

I am well into President Nelson’s challenge to read the Book of  Mormon by the end of the year. I have been enjoying it so so much. I got a new copy specifically for this and have been highlighting all the passages that talk of Christ. Grace walked by this evening while I was studying and said “you might as well color the whole page yellow! You’re marking everything.” It’s true the book is all about Him. It teaches us how to be like Him and lets us get to know Him and to love  Him. I am so grateful for the Savior and the blessings of the atonement in my life. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and know that it is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment