Thursday, October 19, 2017

thursday

family scripture time
 Grace is a busy girl.  She does robotics, choir, band, private music lessons, Thursday baby-sitting and YW. If we have family scripture reading too late this is what happens!

Last week we finished the Book of Mormon.  Our stake had a "miracles in the desert" program that had us all reading, praying, fasting, temple attending and sharing. Ethan and Grace both shared books with their friends. We made it all the way thru on time (that's key, we've read it many times but not on a schedule) and it was a great experience!

Anyway,
Grace and Brynn working on missionary care packages
Last night the mia maids planned our young women activity.  We collected items to send to our missionaries and then made cute care boxes for them.  Audrey made yummy treats from each area that the missionaries were serving in so we had a really nice tasting table.  It was a lot fun.  We collected so much stuff that after the boxes were filled we bagged up the rest and took it to our ward Elders.
donations
giving blood
All of these years I thought I couldn't donate blood because I had had cancer. Last time Rob went he asked and they said I could.  Rules have changed in the last 25 years.  I went for the first time and it went fine.  Also I found out that because I have O (neg) blood they were going to do a test to see if I can donate to babies.  If it's fine from now on that's what I'll do.  I'm very proud of that special blood ;)
Also how awesome to find a way to serve while laying down!  The best for us lazy folks.

every morning
Every morning starts early.  Every other week I don't drive to seminary...my fav! This is my off week.  Zivers gets up with me no matter when I do.  She doesn't like it either.
surprise!
I planned on working today but no jobs came up, which is unusual.  So instead I spent some time in the kids rooms sorting laundry and doing some cleaning that they usually miss.  Guess what I found? Ethan's academic letter.  He obviously was very proud.  I am though.  He's a smart boy.  Even better he's a nice boy but I am very glad that's he's smart and works hard at school.

The rest of the day will involve some more cleaning, a trip to Target for a new shower curtain and gym time.


No comments:

Post a Comment