Monday, January 9, 2017

weekend

our weekend was quiet.  Mostly.  It rained a lot.  In fact we've been getting a lot of rain for awhile, which is awesome because CA has been in a drought.  Is it enough? I don't know, but when I drove to the airport last week things did look notably green.

Saturday, while it rained, we did some cleaning up.  Hannah has been working on her portfolio so she went out to take some pictures.


Grace got a second bird, mostly because I was worried that the first would be too lonely during the day when she went to school.  Birds don't like to be alone and they have to stay locked in her bedroom so that they don't get eaten.


Yesterday we went to the Roberts for dinner and it was a lot of fun.  It's always great to get together,  I don't know why our schedules are so full that it's hard to make the time.  I think this year since we have the 9am church block it will be easier to socialize.

Ethan got 3 more merit badges passed off yesterday.  Camping, finally.  That was a long time coming.  Family Life.  Same. and Communications, which he did before but we lost the blue card.  Luckily Julie who we went to for Family Life is also a Communications counselor so she just reviewed with him the things he had worked on and signed it again.  He has environmental science left and a project and we are done!!!

This morning it was back to school for all the kids.  Not a welcome day for them.  I am glad for the routine. It's good to be productive.  I am surprised this morning when my alarm went off I didn't even groan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment