Wednesday, January 4, 2017

days off

 We had three weeks off for our Christmas break. That's kind of a long time.  Truth be told I'd rather have an extra week in the summer when we all felt like we were going back to school too soon but?

It's been windy.  Windy cold winter weather is yuck.  We do have nice winter days but  the windy ones stink.

Yesterday Grace had her friend Makayla over for the day.  They played outside, some kind of game that involved spitting water or not spitting it, Idk.  They played with the animals, they laughed a lot.  I played dicecapades with them for a long time and we had a fun time doing it.

Grace picked a name for her new budgie, Kiwi. I know I am weak.  I didn't want another animal.  At.all. At ALL.  We have enough little mess makers around but she LOVES animals and also nags like a gold medalist. So now we have it, a bird. She's cute and tame.
Hannah is up in Utah with Dani.  I think they are having a nice time.  I know they are having a huge amount of snow fall every day.  They've been sledding and I am sure Dani is enjoying a lot of laundry and wet floors and wet dogs:)  Our favorite grocery store treat in Ireland were these cookies called "jammie wheels".  Dani and Hannah made a home made version that Dani said were even better.  They are using their snow time wisely!

Ethan has been working on eagle stuff.  I have been making pajama pants...don't ask me why I got a bug for it.  I also have read several fun books.  Right now I am reading "The Chemist".  I just finished "Small, Great Things". Grace has been bird bonding. 

Rob went back to work yesterday.  Today I expect more of the same, sewing, birding, scouting, cleaning, working, reading.  Also I am going to lunch with my friend and Grace and I are going to the store.  

No comments:

Post a Comment