Thursday, January 26, 2017

the days go really fast

 When we have guests Hannah's room becomes the guest room and we pull out our handy dandy air mattress, which is actually quite nice especially since we figured out to put on a mattress pad.  Then the air isn't cold underneath you.  Because Steve is such an awesome, trustworthy cat...NOT, we have to put the mattress on it's side against the bookshelf so he won't pee on it.  I don't know why he likes it? Stupid cat.  Anyway, mom and I were sitting in the library the other morning talking while I was working on some YW stuff and Steve jumped from the red chair to the edge of the mattress and then climbed up on the top of the bookcase.   Do you see him?
Last night we had New Beginnings.  I was getting dressed and texted the girls a picture of my cute "pattern matching" outfit.  They said, emphatically, no. I guess I'm old :) but my phone case is cute :) For the record I did not wear it. 

YW New Beginnings went well.  This is a picture of our skit.  The girls were at a "Sleep over". They were funny and fun and the younger girls loved it. Our theme this year is James 1:5-6
5If any of you lack wisdom , let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 
6But let him ask in faith , nothing wavering . For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 

Our NB theme was on seeking wisdom.  We used Owls for decorations (because they are wise) and made the new beehives owl pillowcases so when they go to bed at night they can remember to seek the Lord and say their prayers.  They loved it.  Each of the new girls was introduced to the program and to the group.  They were super cute.  I can't believe Grace is a beehive now. My last one!
We had really yummy refreshments too.  Papa came with us and it was fun to have him there.  He is always a good cleaner and helper:)
So success.

 Tonight we had stake auxiliary training.  Our ward was asked to have some of the girls come to sing.  Hannah and Grace both did.  They sang a new song called "Ask God" and it sounded great!
 I've been doing lots of projects lately.  Here are the grands modeling some of the pajama pants I sent them.  Pants are cute, kids are cuter!!
Mom helped me make pillowcases for the girls at New Beginnings.  Here is Grace's. 

I made this quilt and then crocheted the trim for Cierra's new baby boy.  I thought it turned out super cute.

Mom and Dad and I have been having lunch together and running errands and doing projects.  It's been great having them visit.  Too bad we don't all live close together.
 crazy cat. He likes to keep us company in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment