Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veterans Day

These beautiful photos were released of the Tijuana Temple.  It may be my favorite one, just from the aesthetics of it.  I love that dark wood and the beautiful details.  The open house is starting pretty soon.  I'd love to go.  It's about 3 hours from here.  The problem is I always want to go everywhere :)  Also I don't know if R can get clearance to go, or if he wants to.  Fortunately we can see the pictures.  I love the temples of the Lord and am so excited to see them being built around the world.  What a blessing for families, and individuals everywhere to have ready access to the House of the Lord.  

Today is Veterans day.  We were kind of bummed because our usual plans of the last few years have been to march in the parade and do fun stuff with our friends.  Today I suggested that we go see the traveling Vietnam Memorial, that is in our town, and to a movie and burger.  The kids weren't too excited.  They wanted to invite friends, and we tried a couple but they couldn't.  Eventually the girls agreed to go but I couldn't drag Ethan out.

We saw Goosebumps, which was more fun than I expected.  Grace really liked it.  Hannah not as much.

Then we went to Wal mart.  We had some "secret santa" things to buy and some material so the kids could make blankets for the shelter at YM/YW tonight.  

Then we went to In & Out. 

Grace had dance this evening and the kids had church.  

Rob has a headache, he's had it for a few days.  :(


Dinner was pretty good.  I crock potted chicken thighs in BBQ sauce and Hannah made mashed potatoes and we made veggies and served them all together kind of like a chicken bowl from KFC, or separate if you preferred.  

The weather has gotten cold.  It's supposed to freeze tonight.  Brrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment