Friday, November 6, 2015

The help

Today I worked at my new very part time job. I am working in catering at the fairgrounds. Today's event was a designer showcase luncheon and fashion show. It was fancy.
All the servers had to wear all black and we had black bow ties with sparkly rinestone bows on them. Everything was beautifully Christmas with Carolers dressed in Dickens era costumes, sparkly lights and trees decked out. There were things to look at and buy and a lovely lunch. The women were all decked out too. I have never seen so much bling! The heels were high, furs were real, and glitz was everywhere. Who knew? 
My favorite booth was a hat booth. I have never seen anything like it. When I got home I searched the web for something similar but was disappointed in my efforts. This hat sort of has the same feel but it's much to small and tame to do justice to the hats there.  There were a good number of hat wearing women at the soirĂ©e.  It was quite dapper.
Serving wasn't hard, we were busy and the time went quickly. Tonight I'm a little sore. I guess I used some muscles that are normally dormant. 

This evening we went to the mall. Grace needed some winter clothes. Normally she's a terrible shopper but tonight went pretty well. She tried stuff on and we bought two pair of jeans and a cute coat and a couple of shirts. Hannah also got a cute coat. 
The puppy princess likes rhino.

No comments:

Post a Comment