Thursday, November 19, 2015

time flies by


ready for school
This week is flying by.  Every day goes quickly, a sign that I am getting old I guess.  This little girl has been busy.  She's got a lot of irons in the fire and does each of them very well.  Piano and clarinet.  Ballroom, tap and ballet.  Cats. GATE. and she just tested for the robotics club.  She is loving dance.  I am a little surprised.  We are a family of fatty pants, couch potatoes.  Dad and I included.  Grace has not been one to like lots of physical activity but she loves to dance.  I am glad.  Her studio is a little far away, about 15 minutes.  It made me laugh the other day because as I was driving I was complaining to myself about how far it was, then I remembered in MD we drove really far to everything.  LOL. She's growing up.

Monday I went to the endocrinologist.  Just a regular checkup but the first one here.  I liked the doc, he was funny.  He told me he only has 2 patients that have been cancer free for 25 years after having cancer that spread like mine.  I said I guess I am one of the lucky ones, and he replied or God is good.  Which He definitely is.  I can't believe it's been almost 25 years.  I used to think about it all the time.  The "C" word.  Everyone says thyroid cancer is the best kind to get, except anyone who's had cancer knows that any kind isn't that awesome.  I have been blessed though and I am so grateful that I've been able to live and have more children, and marry Rob, and live in different places, and have great friends, and have been able to serve and love.  I'm looking forward to the next 25, then that will be good :) I don't want to be greedy....or really old. 

I got a library card this week.  I was having some debate about where to get one.  The library in our town isn't all that close, and it's small.  The Lancaster library is nice, part of the LA County system, but it's not close (15 minutes) When Grace started dance, a couple blocks away I realized that it would be perfect because I could go while she is in class.   So I went on Monday and got a stack of books and brought them home.  Ethan was looking through them and picked one up and said "why did you get this? We have it in our library!" We do?? He has read it but I haven't . He told me he's been waiting for me to buy the next two because he really liked the first.  So Tuesday I had to go back near there to get some labs done and I thought I'd go back to the library and get the 2nd and 3rd books for Bub.  Unfortunately I went too early.  I didn't realized the library didn't open until 10.  So I had time to kill.  I got my oil changed, drove by a couple of "where I grew up" sites then went back.  Poor Lancaster really is a ghetto now.  Was it then?  I don't remember it being that bad.  While I was waiting for the library to open there were at least 20 homeless people waiting outside too.  Some had sleeping bags, all had their stuff, one mom and her little children were in the back of the car (where they obviously lived) waiting to go in and use the bathroom.  The library has a police kiosk with 2 officers right in the lobby.  It's pretty sad.

Tuesday Hannah didn't want to go to CATS.  She's been upset about how they've been doing it and even though she got a lead roll it has turned out that she hasn't really been doing much and it's more like ensemble. I feel bad for her.  I know that it is hard, especially since her expectation was so different from how it turned out.  She wants to quit, but of course that would be bad form. They are counting on her.  So she's going to finish, probably hating it the whole time, and then she'll look for a different company.  Bummer.

Last night the girls made rolls and the boys fixed cars for YM/YW.  Today Hannah has 4 AP tests. Hopefully that will go well. 

Oh I finished watching the office on netflix.  It took 5 months and it was lots of fun.  I loved Jim, he was such a good kind husband.    

That's it for the big news of the last few days.  Saturday Hannah flies to Ohio for Thanksgiving week.  She's excited.  Ethan has his last soccer games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment