Monday, November 30, 2015

finding happy

This morning after I got everyone out the door and off to school I hopped back into bed and got ready to catch up on some TV that we had DVRed while we were gone.  Instead I got to thinking and realized that I was happy.  I wasn't wishing that we were somewhere else, or that we still lived in Maryland.  I felt happy to be home.  It's taken awhile but things are going well and we are all settling in.  We are so so blessed. Counting those blessings and deciding to be happy has helped us all make the transition to a new home and a new life.

We have really been fortunate to have the opportunity to live in different places and to have friends around the country that we love and that have made our lives so much richer, so much better.

After that it turned out to be a really good day.  I went Christmas shopping.  I am almost done, the list is being whittled down, I hope I am choosing gifts that the recipients will love. It's fun and stressful ;)

 

This evening Grace had ballet.  She loves it and it's so fun to peek in and see the girls dancing.   They are preparing for their Christmas recital. 
While she was dancing Hannah and I ran to Target.  Han needed to buy some gifts for a couple of her friends.


After dance we came home and I fixed dinner while the kids did homework.  For FHE we decorated the tree, watched some videos on lds.org and ate yummy cheesecake.

Our tree is much taller than the decorators are so we had to improvise to place the star!
decorating the tree
It looked so beautiful when we were done.  Yesterday we went up in the loft and got down a bunch of Christmas boxes.  We obviously missed some because there are all kinds of things that are M.I.A.  For example all our nativities, and the girls stockings, and our owl tree topper. I'll have to go back up tomorrow and do a more careful check.

In the meantime I am happy for this last day of Novemeber.  I am so grateful that the kids are all healthy and doing well.  Learning and making firneds and trying new things. I am grateful for Rob and how hard he works for our family, both at his job and at home. I am grateful for a nice home. I am so very grateful that we live "close" to family.  I am most grateful for the Savior Jesus Christ.  For the blessings that are in my life because he is my God. That he has paved the way and paid the debt. I am graateful for my kids and grandkids, health, and hobbies and all the that the Lord has given me.


No comments:

Post a Comment