Tuesday, November 3, 2015

so true

I love Pres. Uchtdorf.  He gives such wonderful talks and is so positive and encouraging.  I saw this quote this morning and thought how true it is.  
This has been a struggle for me the last few months.  I have always considered myself a happy, cheerful person.  We have lived in CA for three months now and if anything I like it even less than when we got here.  I didn't know how much I wouldn't want to be back.  I spend a lot of time thinking about our old life and home and the beauty of Maryland, the friends we miss, and the job I loved, our beautiful home and the seasons and history.  I loved it there. 
I am doing the things that I know will help us adjust.  We are active in church and with our callings.  We home and visit teach.  We invite friends over and are involved in the community with kids sports and activities, subbing and what not.  I continue with my personal religious habits of praying and reading the scriptures and pondering.  If anything I may be doing it more than before.  We attend the temple and get out and about.  I try to consciously think of the good things: I have a few friends from before that I am happy to see and spend time with again and we are making new friends.  I am very, very glad to live closer to our family (although farther from others).  Our new home is completely adequate with a lovely backyard and handsome new furniture. Our health is good and Rob loves his job (mostly).

I don't like the weather, I like seasons.  The people are unfriendly and rude as a collective.  When we moved to Texas I was so surprised by the kind and friendly manner of the general public.  Same with MD. Then we came back here and felt the lack and remembered "oh yeah, this is why it felt like such a surprising and happy welcome to live amongst the friendly".  It's so expensive.  We were supposed to really downsize and cut costs so that our cash flow would be comfortably flowy.  We did downsize in sq footage but everything else went up.  What?? Why?

The worst part is I am my worst self here.  I am complainy and judgy and don't like people and the place (mostly in my head but still).  

On my list there is one thing I can control.  Sadly that's me.  I have to find a way to chose to be happy and cheerful and kind and content, supportive and humble, energized in good causes and actively bringing joy to my family and others. 

This weekend was stake conference.  I found many of the talks inspired and uplifting.  We sat behind this really rude man who was quite mean to R.  R didn't let it ruffle him, which was good.  I was annoyed by him though and wanted to say something to him after, but held my tongue. 

After conference on Sunday the Roberts came over for dinner. We had a great visit and played games and ate.  It was a lot of fun.

Yesterday our couchs arrived! yay! I love them!



new furniture


No comments:

Post a Comment