Monday, November 9, 2015

dancing and dreaming

 Grace has been getting into dancing lately.  It started with her school offering a ballroom dance class/team.  She joined and stays after school two days a week for an hour and a half to learn dances. She really likes it.
Then there is cats, which is a lot of dancing and singing as it's a musical.  They even offered a separate tap class for a special number and she signed up for that too.
It's been really great for her and she loves it so we signed her up for tap and ballet at a dance studio.  She started this week and came home with a happy report that it went well.  Tap is Wednesday.
our ballerina

Today I got some more Christmas shopping done, and some house keeping done, and I gathered everything needed for my trip to the DMV tomorrow.  I hope it goes well.
work in progress

I've been working on some home made projects.  This blanket is coming along.

Today I had the brilliant idea of renting a vacation home in Alaska and spending a week looking for wild life and hiking and fishing (Rob and Grace at least ...and Greg) They have some beautiful "cabins" that would fit our whole family (even if Clayna has a baby, or Sierra finds her man)

I mentioned it to Rob at lunch and he was all for it.  What??  So I am hoping that summer 2017, after Hannah graduates and before she goes off to college we can all go! I think it might have been the story of the 97lb sockeye that was caught there that I so skillfully told him:)  Or maybe he just wants to see a moose with all our kids and grands.  One of the highlights of our Tahoe trip was seeing that bear and being together..two things that would likely be repeated on such an awesome trip.


I can see it now, days that never end.  Smores on the fire. Hikes in the breathtaking forests.  Dinners of fresh caught fish, cinnamon rolls, phase 10, hide and seek, movies, whale watching, gorgeous fjords, moose sightings, family time and talks and Alaska!



2 comments: