Saturday, April 4, 2015

spring break, the casual side

Our past few days have been, much to the children's delight, uneventful.  Every morning Ethan asks me "what is the plan for the day" and when I answer nothing he cheers.  Silly boy, such a homebody. He did spend two whole days out and about in the neighborhood playing with other boys.  Which is good.   He's spent a good deal of time playing video games, which I hate and he loves. He's also read a couple of books, done all the chores I have assigned him and stayed up late each night.

Grace has played with Arden a lot.  Tried her hand at some cooking, read some, played with her tablet and her pets and has been researching hedgehogs, which she is not getting.  She has some homework which we will get to today.

Hannah is pet sitting and baby sitting and sitting in her room doing her hair and watching teen wolf.

Thursday evening Debbie and Becky and Jamie and I went to the temple.  We had a lovely evening.  We drove up together and then went to eat after.

Rob has been working working since we got back.  It's been busy and stressful for him.  He coached soccer one night, took his bike for a spin another and took his fishing pole to work (but I'm not sure if he got to go fishing or not?)

Friday Ziva had a spa day.  Her groomer reported that she was fat and spoiled. One at drop off and one at pick up.  I think we'll find a new groomer.
Rob and I went on a date.  I was looking forward to it as it's been awhile since we have.  We went to see Insurgent and had Cafe Rio.  It was a trio date, me, he and his phone.
I liked the movie but found the 3D distracting.  I love 4, he's a cutie.  Cafe Rio was awesome, of course.

This is general conference weekend! Finally.  I'm very excited.  It's also Easter weekend, which is wonderful.  We haven't been super eastery around here this year.  I didn't break out the easter decor or buy new easter clothes. We did paint eggs and go to an egg hunt but that's it.  We will make sure to mark the occation tomorrow, but really what better way to celebrate the ressurection of our Lord than to hear His words and remember His sacrafice.

No comments:

Post a Comment