Sunday, April 26, 2015

God Gave Us Families


Our Father has a family. It’s me!
It’s you, all others too: we are His children.
He sent each one of us to earth, through birth,
To live and learn here in fam’lies.
A father’s place is to preside, provide,
To love and teach the gospel to his children.
A father leads in fam’ly prayer to share
Their love for Father in Heaven.
A mother’s purpose is to care, prepare,
To nurture and to strengthen all her children.
She teaches children to obey, to pray,
To love and serve in the fam’ly.
I’ll love and serve my family and be
A good example to each fam’ly member.
And when I am a mom or dad, so glad,
I’ll help my fam’ly remember:
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the fam’ly is of God.
This is one of my favorite new primary songs. It's so sweet and teaches such important truths.

This was a very uplifting weekend. Yesterday I sat in a training meeting with Sister Oscarson, the general young women's president. It was wonderful. 
Today we had stake conference, it was a multi- stake conference broadcast from Salt Lake and the messages were powerful. I really wish we could re read or watch them. 

After church Sister Darrow had the mia maid presidency over for French toast and planning. Hannah said they had a fun time and got a lot done. I am really happy with the leaders Hann has, they are amazing women.

Grace was invited to play with Maggie.

So the rest of us went to walk around the lake. We walked about 5 miles and Z loved it!

Tonight we walked around the neighborhood with the Streeters. We were quite the parade! I think we logged about 6 pleasant miles today.

1 comment:

  1. We were part of that conference, too. Apparently Michigan is part of the Eastern US region for the church. The talks were very good. I wanted to re-watch Elder Hales talk several times.

    ReplyDelete