Monday, April 27, 2015

looking forward


Penny and Marshall


Tatum saying thanks for a book I sent her
This is one of my favorite times of year.  We are creeping up on summer and all the joys of the warm months.  This is going to be an awesome summer.  Ethan is going to Goshen and to a leadership camp.  Grace is going to girl scout day camp with some friends.  Hannah is going to girls camp and to youth conference and to Zion's camp.  We are all going on a fun family cruise with Nana and Abba and UB! All the kids are coming home for a stay in Aug! CAN.NOT.WAIT!!!! Plus the pool will be open, we can sleep in, it's BBQ season, kayak season, stay up later and enjoy the warmth time!  

Funny illustration of the difference between the boys in our family and the girls.  I told the girls, each separately actually, that tonight while Ethan and Dad were at soccer practice we were going to go to Target to buy some new underwear.  This was met with joyful exclamations! I love new underwear says Hannah! Yay says Grace and can I get socks too!  Then I tell Bub, "Sorry, but while you are at practice we are going to buy new underwear don't worry I'll bring some home for you too" He looked at me like I was insane, and then politely said "thanks, mom".  When I asked if he needed socks?, if his had holes in them? he said "I don't know" in a why would I know that voice (they do by the way)

FHE tonight was on why we need the Savior in our lives.  

Yesterday Mercedes finally died.  It was a relief. We had quite a death watch going as she lingered day after day.  Grace would sit by her cage watching her breathe, or hold her in her hand.  Arden often came to keep vigil.  They made a tombstone and we discussed different ways to euthanize her.  I couldn't bring myself to do it though, especially after the recent trauma of Millie's passing it was just too ...something.  I felt bad watching her suffer for so long and was very relieved when she was gone.  Grace has picked out a name for her new gerbil and we are hoping to get her this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment