Sunday, May 11, 2014

mother's day


from Grace and Rob
It seems appropriate to me that Mother's day is often celebrated with flowers.  I have been thinking about Eve a lot lately and the brave choice she made that allowed her to become the first mother, and all her daughters the privileged of following in her footsteps.  In my minds eye I can see her sitting in the beautiful garden surrounded by gorgeous flowers and all the cute animals and her beloved Adam and they knew they had a mission.  I don't know what the circumstances were or how the decision eventually was made but I am glad.  I am glad they gave up all the beautiful things to toil and hurt and work together.  I am glad she became a mother.

I am glad that I have had that chance as well.  My children are my greatest joy and blessing!  They are wonderful and smart, unique and funny, each is special to me (like a starfish).

The talks today at church were all really good.  I loved Bro. Darrows talk.  He was very sweet when he was talking about his mother and his wife.  I also loved the Bishops talk he spoke about how the Savior viewed and treated women. It was so very tender.

Lately I have been feeling so grateful for my role as a stay at home mom.  Each day as I walk the pups or am home doing the laundry or making the beds I think about how happy I am to be able to do just that.  I am grateful to Rob for making it possible.  His good job, and never wavering support and the fact that he values me being home and nurturing the family is such a tremendous blessing to me.  I hope I am, likewise a blessing to him and to the little babes that the Lord has blessed us with.
from Dani, Tate, PJ and Greg
I am grateful for my mom.  She is a born mom.  She always wanted a houseful of kids and that's what she got.  She's our biggest champion and loves to be involved with her kids and grandkids and great-grandkids. I am so happy for her good example and her loving influence in my life.

I am grateful for my MIL.  She is not only a wonderful mother to her son, fantastic grandmother to the kids but she is also a dear friend to me. 

I am also grateful for the examples of other women, those in the scriptures, those I have been blessed to know and associate with. My friends and mentors and ladies I love.  The gentle influence of a good woman is a sweet blessing and a powerful tool for good.  

1 comment: