Friday, May 9, 2014

frozen treats


Rita's Frozen Custard
It was a most lovely day today.  We got up at 5:30, as usual, although Hannah refused.  She said she was "sick".  I think it's just May and she's tired from her grueling high school studies.  It really is a lot.  I eventually was persuaded to let her sleep through seminary.

The elementary school had their annual Muffins with Mom's for Mothers Day.  Grace and I enjoyed some juice and muffins.  When I came home I drove Han to school then started my day.  Paid some bills, ordered some mother's day flowers, did some vacuuming.

After noon R got off of work and we went to Sears and bought a new pushing mower. Now Ethan gets to be in charge of the lawn.  We had just enough time to have a late lunch together and then the kidlets started to come home.

Ethan and R gathered their things and went off to the Aaronic Priesthood Commemorative Camp Out.  I got a report from them around 10pm.  Apple cobbler was cooking, boys were running around in the dark, and it was raining.

The girls and I drove to Prince Fredrick for a new gerbil.  All the ones in our county are boys.  We called every pet store.  Same with Waldorf.  Prince Fredrick  had females so off we went.  We also got some dog treats and a new water plant for Fluffy.

On the way home we stopped for custards.
Maevis, Grace's newest gerbil
Tonight I went to the YCL sleep over. Always a super fun part of getting ready for camp.  This year is going to be great! Can't wait!

1 comment: