Saturday, May 17, 2014

Friday


I enjoy thinking back to our cruise, pretty much daily.  We had such a fun time.

This week I exercised 4 times. This is amazing.  Yesterday morning was surprising to me.  Rob and I stayed up way too late on Thursday night, like until 1am.  Then morning came, as it always does,  very early.  Plus it was raining, a lot.  Raining, tired, both valid reasons not to exercise...yet I wanted to go.  And I did.  Have I turned over a new leaf? improved my character? become someone new??  We will see.

Last night R took the boy and the little blond one to an Eagle Court of Honor.  I wanted to go too.  5 boys in our ward earned their rank and I was excited for them.  R said it was nice.  Lu said it was boring and she didn't get the taco bite refreshment that she wanted because they were gone when she got there. 

I went to the high school to watch Han in her one act.  It was a very interesting evening.  I was looking forward to seeing her and she was very excited to be picked so that was fun.  There were 6 one act plays presented.  I think I was the wrong audience for the evening.  Hannah did great and she was so cute.  That part I loved.  She had a stage "kiss" on the cheek and played a darling love interest.  The play was snarky, insulting, Dr Who-ish and disjointed.  In trying to be out of the box it came off, at least to me, very strange.
The next play portrayed a moral dilemma minus the moral compass to solve it.  The characters on the side of right were spineless and confused. There was no resolution and it made me sad for our youth as they try to navigate a world of confusion without the guide of strong social mores or belief in absolute right and wrong.
The next 3 were about mental illness.  I enjoyed two of them in a bizarre and disturbing way.  One was about schizophrenia and I thought it did a good job.  The lighting and costumes and contrast between the "sane" and "insane" were powerful.  The one on depression was my favorite but mostly because the boy in her her brain (she was writing and exploring her main character) was done so well.  Without saying anything he was funny and poignant and understanding.
The 3rd one was hardly worth mentioning as it was such a stereotype and silly.
By the 6th play (3 hours in to the evenings entertainment) I just wanted it to be done.  This last one was called 13 ways to blow your college interview.  I found it to be so out of the realm of things that might actually happen that it was ridiculous.  It was like when Gracie comes up with a scenario that will never and could never happen and wants to explore it fully and argue with whatever thing I say.  

Then we were done.  And we came home and went to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment