Saturday, May 17, 2014

many fish

Rob went to the funeral today.  He and some of his coworkers drove to Va Beach together. He said there were a lot of people there. They were gone most of the day.  They did get home a couple hours earlier then I thought they would and we had time to go to a little nearby pond where these two fishermen caught many many fish.  Maybe 30 between them.
 Ethan has to build a rocket for science.  Today he and John worked on it.
Grace had Maggie over to play.  They went to the park, and played with the gerbils.
Hannah went to a camp clinic at the Calllihans.
Fun story:  Every wednesday as we drive to church for activities Grace asks me why activity days for girls is twice a month and cub scouts is every week.  Every week, whether she has an activity or not she asks.   She complains that it's not fair and says are girls less important than boys?  It's very pleasant of course. Finally a couple of weeks ago I told her to stop asking me because I didn't know but if she really wanted to she could write a letter to Sister Wixom (the general primary president) and ask her.  To my surprise she did. We put it in the mail and I haven't heard her ask since so I didn't give it another thought.   Then today Grace got a letter from Salt Lake.  She answered her.  It was very sweet.  The letter thanked her for asking and commended her for liking to go to activity days.  She said that the prophet had prayerfully made that decision and that he loved her and wanted what was best for her.  She encouraged her to pray for herself and to keep going and enjoying activity days. She told her how important families were.  As Grace read the letter a very sweet spirit filled our home.  We both felt it and Grace was comforted and touched by her words.  I am very grateful that the questions of a 9 year old girl are important to the Lord and that He sends His servants to speak for Him and to help His children.

3 comments:

  1. I've wondered that same thing!! And how awesome that she wrote a letter AND got a response. Guess I'll stop wondering (and being annoyed about it) too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was because girls have longer attention spans. - UBrian

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that that Grace would get an answer from Salt Lake.

    ReplyDelete