Sunday, November 17, 2013

weekend wrap up

Rob went with Wade to Virigina for some scout training this weekend.  He said it was worth his time and that he learned a lot.  I think he has one more training to go to before he gets the "trained' patch.  He's been spending a lot of time and energy on the boys and they really like him.

While he was gone I took Ethan to Kohl's cup.  It was a lot of fun for me to be out on the soccer field again watching him.  They had four games won 2, tied 1 and lost 1.  Ethan played well and scored several goals.

In the evening Hannah went to Chelsea's house to hang out and R and E went to see Thor.  Grace and I stayed home and watched movies and crafted.
Grace and Izzy
Church today was really nice, as usual.  I enjoyed all the speakers and it's just always nice to be there, learning and fellowshipping and renewing my covenants.

After church Grace asked if she could have Izzy over to play.  The girls had a great afternoon.  They were so good and kept themselves entertained the whole time.  They made cookies, crafted, sang songs, played outside and each had two servings of noodles with chicken for dinner and grilled cheese and bananas for lunch.

me on Annie
The first thing I remember wanting was a horse.  I read lots of horse books, and spent a lot of time drawing horses. Finally I lucked out and got to ride Carol Markham's pony Velvet a lot.  Also my BFF Lana got a horse Goldie, so we had a lot of fun with that (when I wasn't being jealous :) ) I wanted a horse so much I actually bought tack and kept it in my room "just in case".  Silly.  It's been really fun for me over the years that several of the girls have gotten to take riding lessons.   Now I get to and it's great! I've really enjoyed the couple of times I've gone so far.  Too bad it's so pricey.
Science fair project is almost done
This boy and his science project, it's been kind of tough.  He is a smart boy but doesn't really know how to do this independently and has become discouraged and grumpy several times.  R has really been the one helping him and I am sure they will both be happy when it is complete.
super cute cupcakes from YWIE
Tonight our ward had YWIE.  They did a cute shoe take on "Stand in Holy Places".  For refreshments they made these darling cupcakes and had sprite floats.  The program was very nice.  Hannah knit a cute hat to show for one of her talents. 

When we got home R went on a run, Lu went to bed and E and Han and I watched "Arthur Christmas" super cute BTW. I love Christmas movie season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment