Tuesday, November 12, 2013

oh the weather outside is frightful!


my brothers: Alec and Michael
this picture is random
Bub was sick this weekend.  He got sick Sunday night, was sick all day Monday and today was still droopy.  I let him stay home, he did his math and then started playing video games so I decided to "punish" him and make him go shopping with me for Christmas presents.  We went to the mall and began looking around. On our list was the men in the family, always the hardest.  While we were browsing we had this little exchange.
E: "why don't we just give them money?"
Me: "because we want to give them something personal, something that lets them know we love them"
E: "money says I love you enough to not waste your time buying a dumb gift that you will need to return."
Me: "nope"
E: "mom, have you ever bought a gift that hasn't needed to be returned??"
Me: "sigh" (sorry future daughter in law)

After complaining his way through several other stores we ended up in JCP, he was carrying our bags and trudging along behind me when I called a halt.  He looked up and said with a huge groan:

"OH NO! I recognize this place this is where Hannah spent an HOUR looking for a dress!"  Then he plopped on a chair and offered to hold my purse (in which was my cell phone, on which is loaded games that an 11 year old boy loves) and he said "take your time"  (take that back FDIL, he might be just fine after all)

My guess is his next "droopy" day he'll go to school.
ready for a walk in the cold
This afternoon the Elders invited me to join them for a lesson they were teaching.  Amy also was there. We had a nice time.  Someday being a missionary will be awesome!

This afternoon we had snow flurries.  Brrr.  Tonight Z had to wear her new jacket, I also had to wear a jacket and gloves…I don't love being cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment