Sunday, March 10, 2013

wrap up

Doesn't this look heavenly?  This weekend we have warmer  weather.  I am so happy.  Sunshine on my face...sweet!  love it.  It's making me wish for summer, particularly because Dani and the girls just bought tickets to come visit!! Can.Not.Wait!! 

We had a pretty good weekend.  Ethan had a chess tournament.  One more this season.  He won 3 and lost 3 matches.  It was pretty fun to watch, Grace and I went.  After we went to Donut Connection and ran into Matt Ray and Addie.  We ate donuts together and then Matt drove Ethan home since we were going to the grocery store next and Ethan did NOT want to go. Worked out great for everyone.  I was supposed to go to our stake women's conference but R had to work at the last minute and I didn't want to leave the kids home alone on a Saturday morning.  I was disappointed but his job comes first, at least most of the time, and the kids certainly come first over a bonus meeting that I don't even have to be at. 

Saturday afternoon R went to soccer training, his outdoor season starts practice next week, luckily his indoor season ends next weekend so we have very little overlap.  He played 2 games on Friday night.  Ethan was the keeper, we won both. 
Saturday early evening R and I headed to Waldorf for some shopping and dinner.  Han got rich that night :)

Today was a good day.  Church was really great.  Our sacrament meeting talks were really good. All three of them.  Kris Sutherland spoke about her mission and I felt the spirit so strongly.  I can not wait until I can go on multiple missions.  I wish Sierra and Jenna would think about going, I know it would be so life changing, so awesome.  They are both wonderful wonderful young women and would be excellent  missionaries.  Also Emma.  Emma would be an awesome missionary, just saying.  I am so grateful for a living prophet, the missionary age announcement was so miraculous and so welcomed.  I know it's impact will  be far reaching and life changing for so many of our young missionaries and the people they teach.  Mike Oakes also spoke and he did a wonderful job talking about supporting our church leaders.  He talked about the story in Exodus 17 where Moses held up his arms and the children of Israel prevailed but when he lowered them they began to lose and his arms grew heavy so Joshua and Hur sat him on a rock and held his arms for him.  Then he drew the analogy that our leaders need our help and support this same way.  We need to follow and we need to help.  It was really a good talk.

After church Daniel came over to play.  In the afternoon R and I went to visit Katherine and Pete, had a great time and some yummy dessert.  Then we went to the Rays.  Again, great visit.  Then we came home and Lu and I made canolli cupcakes with Ricotta cheese frosting.  Then I had a veemo meeting about youth conference and R cleaned the kitchen.



Doesn't this look like fun exercise?  It's like hammock yoga I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment