Friday, March 8, 2013

my men:

 Rob is preparing for a big fishing trip to Niagara.  He is determined to bring some some big ol fish for the familia.  Last night his manbra/tackle purse came in the mail.  Now he has all the gear he needs (for now).  I have noticed that boy hobbies take a lot of gear.  In all seriousness I am glad he has hobbies, and I think he kind of resembles Obi-wan in Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.  Sweet!
This boy, who has been an angel and a delight his whole life, as of late has been a bit more of a challenge.  He's almost 11 and I am not ready to leave the little boy days behind.  Sometimes I ask him to do something and he doesn't want to...what?  A few nights ago he had a water fight in the house while I was gone.  To be honest I think Sister Hannah started it but he definitely participated. Two days ago he and John drove me crazy with water in the house, running and smashing into walls when they turned corners, wrestling in a fashion that rearranged the furniture. They were being so loud and stinky.  Maybe it was the rain....although last week they took the little one to the "Forbidden pond" and brought her back covered head to toe in mud and there was no rain then. 


Last night Jake came over after school and hung out with us until night, he and Lu and Ethan had a lot of fun.  We made cookies, they ate them all.  They went to the pond and brought Lu back scratched.  (anyone else noticing a theme), they ran amok, dribbled soccer balls, and played dominoes for a couple of hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment